Following in the footsteps of this country’s original activists of 1776, please join us as we walk in the Bothell 4th of July parade to celebrate the successes we have had thus far and to expand awareness in the community of the continued fight to reclaim our freeways and relieve congestion. Speak up and let your voice be heard!
See here for parade details: http://www.bothellwa.gov/269/Fourth-of-July-Freedom-Festival
Bring a flag, a sign or just your enthusiasm and arrive by 10:45am at the walkers area which is on 104th Ave just north of Main St. See the link for a map. Kids welcome too. Please tell us you’re coming and remember to share this event and invite your friends!
Here are a few of the successes we have had:
– Got the tolls eliminated evenings after 7pm and all weekend long and some holidays (including the 4th of July)
– Got WSDOT to add hard shoulder running north of SR527
– Got entry / exit points expanded to improve safety
– Pointed out Toll rate errors in overhead signs. WSDOT corrected the price algorithms.
– Pointed out the mobile app for drivers to check toll prices while driving was a bad idea. WSDOT removed it from the app store.
– Pointed out one of WSDOT’s 7 Youtube videos on how to use the tolls was wrong. They took it down.
– Led to the firing of Secretary of WSDOT Lynn Peterson
– Collected over 32,000 signatures online and 3,000 more on paper in less than 3 months demanding they eliminate the tolls. This is the most successful regional petition ever hosted by that petition website.